Per the last portion of my previous “Orlando Vacation” post, I have put together my top ten favorite rides at Universal Studios. I hope everyone gets the chance to go ride all of these someday! Enjoy!
- The Dragon Challenge – See previous post
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit – Not for the faint of heart, the ride starts out with you going straight up at a 90-degree angle, only to be dropped at a similar angle and straight into a loop-corkscrew combination.
- The Incredible Hulk – Comparable to the speed and intensity of the Rip Ride Rockit, the Incredible Hulk rollercoaster starts off by launching you out of the loading bay right into a corkscrew. Prepare for a rush on this one.
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts – An indoor rollercoaster with a motion-based 3D adventure story involved. Travelling through the vaults of Gringotts, you’ll see characters like Bill Weasley, Bellatrix Lestrange, Lord Voldemort, and of course, Harry Potter himself.
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey – A motion-based dark ride that takes you on a flight around Hogwarts following Harry on his broomstick as you dodge dragons, dementors, and the Whomping Willow.
- Men in Black: Alien Attack – Alien Attack is a dark ride combined with a target shooting game. Armed with a laser gun that is connected to your seat, you drive around Times Square shooting down aliens while the system keeps score. My wife destroyed me with a top score of over 400,000!
- Revenge of the Mummy – Similar to the ride at Universal Hollywood, the Mummy is an indoor dark rollercoaster that takes you through an adventure against Ihmotep.
- Jurassic Park River Adventure – Even though the majority of the ride involves simply floating through areas with mechanical dinosaurs, the 85-foot plunge at the end makes it all worth it!
- Transformers 3D – A 3D dark ride that drives you around a city fighting against Megatron alongside Optimus Prime and Bumblebee.
- Skull Island: Reign of Kong – Travel in a tour bus around Skull Island only to be caught in the middle of a raging battle between King Kong and two Tyrannosaurus Rexes.